Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Least Favorite Profane Phrase

As you may know, I'm a huge fan of Penn from Penn & Teller. (I'm a huge fan of Teller too, but that guy, he just don't say nothin').

In today's entry in his Vlog, Penn Says, Penn talks about a flame war he had with some random guy who was a friend of a guy he didn't really like, but called a friend anyway. The politics of what he said wasn't really what struck me (although I agree with what he says). What struck me was his use of my least favorite profane phrase: "Fuck You In The Neck."

"Fuck You" is one thing, "Fuck You In The Neck" is something you'd see in a slasher film. For some reason it's the most violent, most visceral, most unpleasant thing I can imagine. Whenever I hear anyone use that phrase, it just gives me the heebie jeebies.

It reminds me of H.R. Geiger's Alien, with that mouth inside the mouth thing that punches through Veronica Cartwright's skull in the original film.

If you ever really want me to leave you alone, just say "Fuck You In The Neck" and I'm gone!



Link: YouTube

No comments: