- Most people are more interested in my ancestors than in me. It can be annoying, but for the most part it doesn't bother me. I think they were interesting people too.
- For thirty years now I've suffered from pretty severe depression. I fight it by trying to find something positive about everything, which can be annoying by itself.
- In my youth, I was a champion weight-lifter. Other than that I'm a terrible athlete.
- I'm fascinated by monsters. Fictional, fantasy or real, I just dig 'em.
- I am something of an expert on the 1933 movie King Kong
- I've met a lot of celebrities along the way, but my favorite by far was Fay Wray. She was just so sweet and so much fun. Other favorites include Alan Shepherd, Gerald Ford and Leonard Nimoy. Least favorite by far: Prince.
- My ex says I'm a name-dropper. It's true. If it annoys you just ignore it. Most of these people would never remember meeting me, even though I remember them.
- Some people think I'm gay. I wouldn't mind being gay if it weren't for the whole having sex with men part. How do women do it?
The saddest part is that there's a whole sub-culture of gay men who are extremely attracted to men who look exactly like me, but there are no women who are.
A lot of guys would be freaked out if they suspected anybody thought they were gay. I just think it's funny.
- With reference to #8 above, I am a junkie for women. Their hair, their bodies, their faces, their voices, even their skin just fascinates me. Maybe half of that is sexual, but the other half is entirely aesthetic.
I've painted women, sculpted women, photographed women, recorded women and written about women. It's something I'll never completely get out of my system.
- I have the reputation for being wise. Don't let it fool you. I may think about things more than most people, but it doesn't mean I know any more than anybody else.
- I reflect on things chronically. Some would say I obsess on them. I thought about writing this list for two hours before I started typing.
- I have a reputation as a rebel, but it's only because I have trouble keeping my mouth shut sometimes.
- I far prefer babies, children and young people to adults.
- I was once an atheist, but now I'm a believer. I'm a very liberal believer though, because I believe Jesus was too. Anybody want to go hang out with some lepers?
- Politically, socially, and culturally, you'll never correctly pin me down as either a conservative or a liberal. Most of the voices I hear from both sides of this spectrum just annoy the crap out of me.
- I heard the voice of an angel once. My car was spinning out of control in the rain on Interstate 55. The voice said "Don't worry. I've got you." There were a hundred ways that story should have ended with the car crumpled and me dead, but both it and I came away without a scratch.
- I love most people much more than they realize.
- Damn, Nicole! Twenty-Five is a lot to come up with!
- I smoke, but I know I'll have to quit. That makes me sad, because I really do enjoy it.
- I swear like a sailor and I love it. To me it's like cooking with spice and pepper rather than milk and sugar.
- I sleep in strange positions. The strangest is with my arm straight up in the air like a flag pole. I have no explanation for this.
- Good acting makes me cry. Bad acting makes me laugh. Either way, I enjoy the show, unless it's bad directing. Bad directing really annoys me.
- I'll never accomplish most of the things I'd like, mainly because I'd like to accomplish much more than I ever could.
- If you're reading this, then I probably love you more than you realize. Try to remember that.
- The people I'd most like to tag with this would never respond, so I'm not going to tag anybody.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
25 Things about me
Nicole tagged me in this so I guess I gotta do it...